Our single-storey detached accommodation has been sympathetically renovated from the original bothy cottages of Letter Farm, and is situated on the private road of Loch Katrine on the north shore just over three miles from the Trossachs Pier where the SS Sir Walter Scott and the Lady of the Lake make frequent sailings in the summer season. Comfortable and well furnished, it sleeps 4 adults but we can provide an extra bed for a small child if necessary. The cottage has a large open aspect with lovely views from the rear to the far off hills. The self-catering cottage is ideally located for those of you seeking tranquility, and from the rear garden (please note this is not fenced) you can enjoy breathtaking views and sunsets o'er the loch and Ben Lomond. We have a lovely decking area which takes advantage of these spectacular views, with a firepit for when there's a chill in the air, and at the far side of the rear garden we have a wooden building (we've called it the "Wendy House"!) which has a table and chairs, and a chiminea to keep you cosy. Wonderful views from here and you can barbeque inside as well. Our guests have used both and particularly love the Wendy House - we even had one guest who fell asleep out there until the wee small hours.....
Letter Steading accommodation is well located in a prime location to explore the wonderful countryside of the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park and all that the Trossachs National Park has to offer - be it walking, cycling, hill climbing or just driving around to visit the many historical sights around the area. We are some twelve miles from Callander and Aberfoyle where there are good restaurants and shops.
The added benefit of private fishing on the loch (we have a rowing boat and a Coleman Explorer Canadian kayak) makes Letter Steading an ideal choice for those of you keen on the sport, and the two nearby golf courses of Callander and Aberfoyle are happy to welcome visitors for a game - see "things to do" page for more details.
We are pleased to announce we have received our 4 star rating from VisitScotland!
one twin bedroom
- one double bedroom
- extra bed can be provided
- cot and highchair available
- open plan lounge and dining kitchen
- electric radiators
- log burning stove
- electric shower with underfloor heating/heated towel rail/disabled handrails
- dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave oven,fridge, NEW! small freezer
- washing machine
- telephone for incoming calls (note no mobile signal at cottage!)
- Sky HD TV, video and CD player
- quality bedlinen and towels provided
- private open aspect garden at rear
- barbeque and outside seating
- decking area with firepit
- outside 'Wendy House for grown-ups' with chiminiere
- welcome pack on arrival
- drying room for wet weather clothes
- well behaved pets welcome by arrangement
- order with Asda or Tesco - we will pack your shopping away for your arrival
For a real insight into the area around us take a look at the short films here at the
Find Callander Cabins on FlipKey