Our single-storey detached accommodation has been sympathetically renovated from the original bothy cottages of Letter Farm, and is situated on the private road of Loch Katrine on the north shore just over three miles from the Trossachs Pier where the SS Sir Walter Scott and the Lady of the Lake make frequent sailings in the summer season. Comfortable and well furnished the cottage sleeps four with one double and one twin bedroom. The cottage has a large open aspect with lovely views from the rear to the far off hills. The self-catering cottage is ideally located for those of you seeking tranquility, and from the rear garden (please note this is not fenced) you can enjoy breathtaking views towards Ben Lomond and sunsets o'er the loch. We have a lovely decking area with BBQ which takes advantage of these spectacular views and at the far side of the rear garden we have a wooden building (we call it the "Wendy House"!) which has a table and chairs, and a fire pit to keep you cosy. Wonderful views from here and you can barbeque inside as well - some of our guests cooked roast beef on the fire pit and pronounced it delicious! Our guests have enjoyed using both but particularly love the Wendy House - we even had one guest who fell asleep out there until the wee small hours.....
Letter Steading accommodation is well located in a prime location to explore the wonderful countryside of the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park and all that the Trossachs National Park has to offer - be it walking, cycling, hill climbing or just driving around to visit the many historical sights around the area. We are some twelve miles from Callander and Aberfoyle where there are good restaurants and shops. Our nearest pub, The Byre Inn, is a 15 minute drive but well worth it! (Please note, it is closed in January).
The added benefit of private fishing on the loch (we have a rowing boat and a Coleman Explorer Canadian kayak, used at guests own risk) makes Letter Steading an ideal choice for those of you keen on the sport, and the two nearby golf courses of Callander and Aberfoyle are happy to welcome visitors for a game - see "things to do" page for more details.
We have a 4* rating from VisitScotland.
one twin bedroom
- one double bedroom
- cot, highchair and baby bath available
- open plan lounge and dining kitchen
- electric radiators
- log burning stove - logs and kindling provided
- electric shower with underfloor heating/heated towel rail/disabled handrails
- dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave oven,fridge, small freezer
- washing machine
- NEW! payphone (note no mobile signal at cottage)
- No WiFi but if you are desperate to check your emails you can visit us occasionally and use our satellite broadband!
- Sky HD TV, DVD and CD player
- quality bedlinen and towels provided
- private open aspect garden at rear
- barbeque and outside seating
- decking area
- outside 'Wendy House for grown-ups' with firepit
- welcome pack on arrival
- drying room for wet weather clothes
- well behaved pets welcome by arrangement - note we do have feral cats in the vicinity, no cat chasers please or just please make sure they are on leads when close to the property
- order with Asda or Tesco - we will pack your shopping away for your arrival
For a real insight into the area around us take a look at the short films here at the